tcl 8.5, stackchecking and 8Kingdoms

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Jan 8 09:28:31 UTC 2008

Hi All,

It turns out that I misread the stackchecking code (oops, brown paper bag
time), and that it is not at fault.

The problem is that Tcl has a thread model where one can have multiple
interpreters per thread, but may not call an interpreter from another thread
then the one it was created in, and this is just what 8Kingdoms was doing.

I'm working on a fix. In the mean time please turn stackchecking in the TCL
packages back on, it was not at fault and acutally caught an error. 8Kingdoms
working without it was more luck then anything else.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans