Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 23:16:14 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 05:54:51PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
>> One issue is that most packagers maintainers in the Fedora Project are
>> not code monkeys.
>
> Do you have other words that would say the same, but understandable by a
> non native speaker...

Explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_monkey
(often means 'person who only programs' opposed to engineer/designer, but I
really think he meant 'programmer' versus 'packager' in a nicer way, in that
most packagers can't always fix all the code bugs)

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>