Fedora too cutting edge?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:22:34 UTC 2008

Jima wrote:

>>> Another chicken and egg problem. How do we know it doesn't work if we
>>> don't
>>> ship it?
>>
>> Ship it with a way to revert to previous behavior. If people post
>> bugzilla items and revert, you know it didn't work and you will still
>> have someone to test your next experiment.
>
>  Are you realistically expecting people to not skip the "post bugzilla
> items" step?  I like to think the best of people (okay, no I don't), but
> I try to keep my expectations on this planet. ;-)
>  If we shipped that easy of a reversion (wow, that's a word!) technique,
> I strongly suspect we'd never hear Juju was broken.

Well you won't hear it from me anyway because I gave up on
fedora/firewire back when the FC3-era bz entry sat for 6 months or so
with no activity and no way to get to the data on my disks under fedora.
  But the solution is to put the reversion procedure in the bugzilla
item in response to the first bug report and subsequently refer to it
only by links.  If you want bz reports you have to make them lead to
quick solutions.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com