F8 + rawhide in Qemu

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 12 05:54:12 UTC 2008

Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell <at> alumni.clemson.edu> writes:
> I installed F8 in Qemu in order to test rawhide.  However, after I updated
> recently  I no longer have network connectivity (the NIC is gone).  Have any
> of you run into this issue?

If you upgraded the host from F7 to F8, you have to reconfigure the network in
your guest image, the default emulated NIC in QEMU has changed from ne2k_pci to
rtl8139 in Fedora 8 and later. According to the changelog, this was changed
because rtl8139 supports linkstate reporting.

Alternatively, you can explicitly tell QEMU on the command line to emulate an
ne2k_pci network card.

        Kevin Kofler