compilation architecture

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:34:56 UTC 2008

2008/1/13, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek at gmail.com>:
> 2008/1/13, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com>:
>
> > On 01/13/2008 08:35 PM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > > I'll now use you RPMs, because I want to use trunk code, which you'll
> don't
> > > package every day.
> > > In rawhide/remi's repo is oldest version.
> > >
> > > Firefox 3 without your flags is fast. Not in Fedora of course.
> >

> > Um, I didn't understand that...
> >
> > --
> >

> Trunk snapshot in Mozilla's FTP is updated every day. Using it instead of
> older RPMs is better if I want to see current bugs and file them (I'm
> involved in Firefox 3).

i can hardly believe that you are part of the FF3 development.
O well... want to talk about speed?
look at this:

[mark at localhost ~]$ time firefox

real	0m0.151s
user	0m0.021s
sys	0m0.029s
[mark at localhost ~]$

Yes! that's well below one second (firefox 2.0.0.10)! and nothing is
specially tuned! i even have one additional plugin installed (tamper
data)! and my hardware isn't that fancy. it's just a $600 notebook.
Perhaps you need to reinstall your Fedora?

But you made me curious about how well FF3 will run on Fedora 8 so i
will try to install that one and see shat the timings are than.