compilation architecture

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:56:58 UTC 2008

2008/1/16, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de>:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:09:13 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
>
> > Ok, I've installed openSUSE and configured it like my Fedora.
> >
> > time commands (fedora vs opensuse)
> >
> > firefox 3, snapshot from trunk
> >
> > real 12.125s 6.598s
> > user 6.564s 4.584s
> > sys 0.766s 0.544s
>
> What command did you use to do this?
> Do consecutive runs of the same test change the values? How?
>
> Earlier you wrote:
>
> > and eg. Firefox 3 was started in < 1 sec.
>
> That doesn't match your new values at all.
>
> --

What command did you use to do this? time, /usr/bin/time, I guess

time (some command here)
and then quick exit of program, quickest you can.

It was second start of Firefox.
> 2nd time it's starting faster and faster.

12s for Fedora and 6s for openSUSE is time from starting command to Firefox
being shown.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/