Fedora 8/ARM available

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 09:51:21 UTC 2008

Caolan McNamara writes:

 > On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 00:33 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
 > > Hi all,
 > >
 > > We are proud to announce the availability of a(n unofficial)
 > > Fedora 8 package repository for the ARM architecture.
 > >
 > > The package repository has been built for ARMv5 EABI, soft-float,
 > > little endian.  The majority of the important and frequently used
 > > Fedora packages have been built for ARM.
 >
 > FWIW, I ported OOo to arm-eabi last year, the "vanilla" rpms of the time
 > are at...
 > http://ooo.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/cws/upload/armeabiport01/
 > and that work is now integrated into 2.4.0 as in rawhide so in theory
 > for F9 it should build out of the box.
 >
 > At the time there was no ecj/libgcj port to arm-eabi so the extra flag
 > to OOo's configure required to workaround that was --without-java, I
 > see java-1.5.0-gcj-devel in the repo now so that's presumably
 > unnecessary now.

I certainly hope so.  Lennert and I have done a lot of work to get gcj
working on ARM EABI, so if anything fails I'd appreciate a heads-up.
Yeah, I know it's rather slow.  :-)

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903