SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:37:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 5:13 AM, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Again I'm not talking about general fedora distro, only Desktop spin.

I garuantee you that people understand the argument you are making.
And I'm pretty sure that you haven't actually come up with a new line
of reasoning that hasn't already been considered previously.

It comes down to this. You either value the selinux technology for a
specific usage case, or your don't.  If you value it, then you must
support Fedora having it enabled by default because Fedora so that we
can continue to refine it through more feedback.   If you don't value
it as a technology for the usage case you are interested in then you
aren't ever going to really be comfortable with it being included at
all.

So clearly you don't value it.  And clearly I do.  Continuing to run
in circles about this for another 300 posts isn't going to go anywhere
because at a pretty fundamental level our assumptions about what is
important are vastly different.

But you know what, my opinion and your opinion are really not that
important.  What I care about in terms of project direction is what
the security experts and the expert interface designers think.  We
must find a way to continue to incrementally make dealing with selinux
easier.  I'd rather get the right people in a room somewhere to sit
down and discuss selinux desktop integration away from the noise and
pitchforks in a mailinglist, and then move forward from there.  You
and I are not the right people.

-jef