An interesting read when discussing what to do about our bugs...

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Sat Jan 19 21:16:42 UTC 2008

>> Closing a bug report with "report it upstream" is a let down. It's
>> repetitive boring work that a computer should be doing.

Kevin> There's no way we can fix them all by ourselves, the only way
Kevin> to actually get things fixed is to report them to the actual
Kevin> upstream maintainers of the concrete application you're having
Kevin> issues with. And I don't think KDE is the only set of packages
Kevin> in this situation.

What would be good here is an easy way to push a report upstream.

This would solve the Fedora maintainer's problem ("this is not our
bug") without requiring extra work from the bug reporter (who is
probably lazy like me, and anyway isn't in as good a position to
triage a report as the Fedora maintainer).

Tom