Experiment: an RPM that shows uninstalled apps in main menu

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 08:05:41 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2008 11:42 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 19, 2008 7:46 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> While I don't think it should be exactly how you have it, an
>>> 'Uninstalled' submenu in every category, seems like a great idea to
>>> me.
>> Until someone decides to manually re-arrange the listings on the
>> system using a menu editor :->
>>
>> -jef
>>

> I personally think this should be a first level menu myself. An
> immutable one at that. And install of 'uninstalled' might want to say
> 'available'

Immutable, and first level seems reasonable.  The title is debatable, since
'available' has multiple meanings, and the software is not available to the
person who wants to use it when they click on the menu... its acquirable, its
not yet installed, its offered, but not yet available.  If something like
'Repository Software' was used, that would be clear (but not very 'sophisticated').

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>