selinux breaks revisor

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:18:40 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 2:05 PM, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I tested revisor and wanted to make an up to date version of Fedora 8
> > Live CD - but selinux put a stop to that.
> >
> > If there was only one bug I would report it to bugzilla but if you
> > look at my screenshots you will see that this is a much bigger issue
> > and I guess that it would be better that revisor and selinux guys sit
> > together and look why it makes so many AVC Denials.
> >
> > http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456/0/Screenshot-setroubleshoot%20browser-revisor.png
> > http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456/0/Screenshot-setroubleshoot%20browser-revisor-2.png
>
> Screenshots are not a good way to pass information. The text of the
> alert in setroubleshoot can be copied to the clipboard by going to the
> Edit menus and selecting "Copy Alert", or you can save the text in a
> file by going to the File menu and selecting "Save Alert".
>
> Either of these methods give you the full text of the alert for
> inclusion in a bugzilla or sharing in an email message.
>
> --
> John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

That is why I suggested that you (devels and mainainers of selinux and
revisor) try for your self and look at the number of AVC Denials...

This looks like a pattern in fedora, looks like nobody actually does
testing of these new features. If anybody tried to make a spin just to
test if revisor works these errors should have sufaced... no?

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic