Request to re-add option to disable SELinux

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Mon Jul 7 02:42:52 UTC 2008

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Suren Karapetyan wrote:

> SELinux isn't just a specific setting... It's a bit too big.
> It's a feature 38.7% of systems in smolt have disabled...
> Removing that combobox is like telling this 38.7% (203150)
> "know what... the other 61.3% (321879) don't like *seeing* choice of
> disabling SELinux during install... You'll have to do it after install."

Don't believe everything you read.  The 61.3% figure is probably lower
than the real figure (by quite a lot) because many systems reported in
before SELinux was part of the smolt stats and are counted as "disabled".

(It would be nice to have a disclaimer on that page...)

--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>