source file audit - 2008-07-05

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 07:42:39 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 14:19 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> nphilipp:BADSOURCE:gtkimageview-1.5.0.tar.gz:gtkimageview

The problem with that source is that it is an attachment to a Trac wiki
page. The real URL for it is:

http://trac.bjourne.webfactional.com/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/gtkimageview-%{version}.tar.gz?format=raw

while this one...

http://trac.bjourne.webfactional.com/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/gtkimageview-%{version}.tar.gz

... lets only offers an explanation why it can't display the file
directly and a link to download it.

For the time being I've changed the source to not being a URL at all.

Panu, are there any plans in rpmbuild to ignore the CGI-variable stuff
from source/patch URLs? Then I could just use the real URL, as ugly as
it is ;-).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759