Request to re-add option to disable SELinux - compromise

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Jul 9 14:58:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 09:52:49AM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Because booting with selinux enabled after installing onto a
> filesystem such as reiserfs that doesn't work with selinux results in
> epic fail. As in, you can not log in. Though you can get around this
> by booting with selinux=0 on the kernel command line...

I think reiserfs supports selinux now.

> Though I haven't done this since something like FC6. I migrated to
> ext3 so I could use selinux.
>
> And while I'm at it, I'll provide a counterpoint and point out that
> I've run all my machines, including my wife's laptop, with selinux
> enabled since FC6. I've never, ever run in to any problem. Ever. I
> don't know what you people are doing, but you must be doing it wrong.

Not wrong, just out of the norm.  If you keep things in the standard
directories and use mostly default configs, you generally don't have
problems.