[RFC Fedora 10] kill pam_console

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Thu Jul 10 23:02:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> See /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/00-thinkfinger.fdi for an
> example of something that does access control.

I guess these two does the actual magic:

<merge key="access_control.file" type="copy_property">linux.device_file</merge>
<merge key="access_control.type" type="string">thinkfinger</merge>

But 20-acl-management already has:

<match key="info.capabilities" contains="portable_audio_player">
    <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">access_control</append>
    <merge key="access_control.type" type="string">audio-player</merge>
    <merge key="access_control.file" type="copy_property">@info.parent:linux.device_file</merge>
</match>

and since libmtp and libnjb already has .fdi files that define them as
portable_audio_player it would thus be as simple as to remove the pam
console file altogether, since HAL already matches and fixes this.

..and it actually seems to work when I do that too, so problem solved I
believe.

Linus