FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-07-10

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 04:21:22 UTC 2008

Brian Pepple said the following on 07/10/2008 04:51 PM Pacific Time:
> === Members Present ===
> * Brian Pepple          (bpepple)
> * Jason Tibbitts        (tibbs)
> * Bill Nottingham       (notting)
> * Kevin Fenzi           (nirik)
> * Dennis Gilmore        (dgilmore)
> * Warren Togami         (warren)
> * David Woodhouse       (dwmw2)
> * Jesse Keating         (f13)
> * Josh Boyer            (jwb)
> * Tom Callaway          (spot)
>
> === Members Absent ===
> * Christopher Aillon    (caillon)
> * Christian Iseli       (c4chris)
> * Jeremy Katz           (jeremy)
>
> == Summary ==
> === Secondary Arches ===
> * FESCo asked to be contacted before a secondary arch is released, so
> that a brief sanity check can be made before any announcement.
>
> === Approvals for cvsadmin ===
> * FESCo approved a proposal to allow the current admins of the cvsadmin
> group be the body that approves new members.
>
> === F10 Features ===
> * FESCo approved the following Features for F10:
> ** https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GoodHaskellSupport
> ** https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Fingerprint
> ** https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RPM4.6

Can the minutes also state in the future a FULL record of the feature
discussion including features that were NOT accepted?  We wouldn't want
the "rubber stamp contingent" to be working with bad information ;-)

Today was a great example of what DID happen during the Fedora 9 feature
cycle... good technical discussion surrounding the integration of
different features.  TWO features pages were deemed to be incomplete and
in need of more information and as a result not accepted.

John