Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

James Antill james at fedoraproject.com
Mon Jul 14 03:37:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 20:20 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:

> It's not head in the sand Jesse.  It's that following the daytime soap
> opera that is rpm4 vs rpm5 vs jbj vs everyone else isn't the least bit
> worth my time.

 Doug, if I did some patches for the Linux kernel and acted as you have
the last couple of days I'd be ignored or flamed to a crisp ... likely
to never have my patches looked at.
 If you'd spoken to anyone involved with rpm, yum or Fedora rel-eng at
any point you'd have been told what was happening and how you should go
about getting what you want. Pretending there was or is any kind of
confusion about rpm's future is like someone pretending they thought
Linux might merge with OpenSolaris.

 The fact that you are still trying to blame everyone else for your own
mistakes and trying to tell them what they should be doing for _you_ and
how/when they should be doing it. While they are still trying to
patiently help you, speaks volumes.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.com>
Fedora