No answer to easy bug policy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 14 17:57:55 UTC 2008

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>>> I have hopefully adressed th ecomments, by stating that this is a policy
>>> for bug fixes, not easy bug as such. Also added a 3 weeks delay before
>>> the procedure is started, precise a bit what is a bug easy to fix and
>>> put explicitely the cleaning of blocker bugs on the reporter.
>>
>> Still on
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance
>>
> Instead of orphaning, what about adding comaintainers?  That makes for
> more responsibility on the part of the person who thinks that the bug is
> an easy fix to evaluate this in terms of correctness, the future effects
> of the patch, and what is going on upstream.

The intro covers that:

"If this occurs over a long period of time, the maintainers should seek
out co-maintainers or just be orphaning the software packages they are
not interested in. If it does happen for a shorter periods, others can
act as a buffer to avoid the problem lingering for our user"

Rahul