ENVR checking

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Jul 21 18:49:55 UTC 2008

> Finally we have to decide on when to run the script.  Obviously once
> daily makes sense, perhaps tied into the rawhide generation.  I'm open
> to ideas other than that, I wouldn't necessarily want to run it more
> than once a day due to the email it would be sending directly to package
> (co)maintainers/watchers.

Ummm, seems to me what really needs to happen is something, somewhere in
the build/push system needs to refuse to ever allow broken upgrade
chains to get pushed into the repos in the first place. Or at least warn
you the very second you request such an action. Rather than trying to
detect and clean up the mess after the fact.