Cast your vote for the Fedora 10 Codename!

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Wed Jul 23 16:33:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:45:05PM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> I more wonder why the art team feels the need to use the nick-name of
> the distro as a basis for the artwork.. surely they are an independent
> minded bunch, and it would allows to just choose names that we like
> instead of ones with meaningful artwork..
>
> Notice I didn't see an type of X-rated stuff in Hardy Hardon, or
> whatever Ubuntus last distro was called..

Their default Gnome wallpaper is an abstract herron though, which is
rather nice. Maybe we could get the F11 code name nailed down a bit
further in advance and give the art team a target to work to. The theme
still needn't /necessarily/ be codename related, but it would make it
possible as an option.

As an aside, I've heard Ubuntu be accused of many bad things, but I
think this thread is the first time anyone's tried to pin 'putting off
new users' on them.

Ewan