[RFC] Package Updates/Bodhi Notification Content Policy?

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Jul 24 23:43:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 12:44 +0200, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> "If your package update contains a new release from upstream, add a link
> to the full changelog of this new release in the %changelog field"

I strongly disagree. As I said in my original mail, the whole point of
such a potential policy would be that users *should not* need to peruse
through upstream changelogs and whatnot. More often than not, they tend
to be very technical in nature and/or contain a significant amount of
relatively insignificant commits (such as porting to a new third-party
library API, build script fixes, etc.); and this - to me - contradicts
Fedora's goal of showing how helpful and user-friendly FOSS can truly
be.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479