livecd-creator unmounting temp image, running daemons.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 06:21:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using a F9 host to build a F7 liveCD -- the School Server image
> -- and I am finding that livecd-creator never manages to unmount the
> temporary partition, and the resulting image fails to boot (tested
> with qemu and on real hw).

With a bit more work into it, I can resolve the unmounting issue by
stopping the daemons late in %post, however, the boot failures
continue.

They look like this:
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
PCI: PIIX3L Enabling Passive Release on 0000"00:01.0
Red Hat nash version 6.0.9 starting
insmod: error inserting '/lib/ehci-hcd.ko' : -1 File exists
insmod: error inserting '/lib/uhci-hcd.ko' : -1 File exists
insmod: error inserting '/lib/ohci-hcd.ko' : -1 File exists
stabilized: stat /proc/bus/usb/devices: No such file or directory
... and eventually ...

Kernel panic - non syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Any hints as to what to try next, doco or source to read?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions