Package EVR problems in Fedora 2008-07-26

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jul 28 00:28:13 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Nope, because once a package only has things in updates, there is
> nothing tagged with updates-testing, so the checker if it didn't check
> against dist-f9-updates it would miss that comparison.

OK, so it needs like the tester needs to be smarter and realize that if there's
a newer build in updates-testing it's OK. I guess dist-fn-updates-testing needs
to be compared with the most recent of dist-f(n+1)-updates and
dist-f(n+1)-updates-testing, but dist-fn-updates only with dist-f(n+1)-updates
(because I don't think we want updates being pushed for the older release when
they're still in testing in the newer one).

I can take a look at the code of the script to see if I can fix it.

        Kevin Kofler