OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:46:14 UTC 2008

Anders Karlsson wrote:
> * Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> [20080728 08:39]:
>> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.co.uk> wrote:
>>> The threads that Gilboa mentions is the sole reason I implemented
>>> Sieve in my mailserver at home. fedora-devel and fedora-list became
>>> interesting and useful about as soon as those threads were filtered
>>> out.
>>>
>>> Read in to it what you want.
>> You miss my point.   Are these discussions valuable or not. If they
>> are not... then we shouldn't make a place for them.... period.  I
>> don't see anyone who actually standing up and saying these things are
>> valued and thus worth preparing a special place for in our resource
>> pool.  If we are only considering making more channels so some of us
>> can ignore others among us because they are talking about things we
>> don't care about... I'm not prepared to support that.
>
> I see what you mean.
>
> Are the discussions in question valuable? No, they are about as useful
> as a chocolate teapot.

Speak for yourself.

>> I'll consider supporting additional dedicated communications channel
>> for things when the people who find value in the discussion in
>> question ask for a dedicated list. They must be able to make the case
>> that such dedicated communication will actually be useful in helping a
>> team of people work together towards some identified task or goal
>> which helps moves the project forward.
>
> Cool, I'll carry on with the kill-lists then. If any of the
> participants would ever consider contributing anything remotely
> valuable in future, I'll remain in blissful ignorance. Despite me
> participating in one or two of the threads, I consider them to be
> ultimately harmful to the Fedora Project, and to Red Hat, a point I
> have stated.

How can a discussion of open source and the GPL be harmful to Fedora or
Red Hat?
In what bizarro universe does that even begin to make sense.
  People that don't find the conversation useful should ignore it, that
is after all what mail filters were created to do.
  People that understand and respect freedom don't advocate censorship
in any form. If you don't have the discipline to ignore the conversation
then that's your problem.

I am willing to accept that perhaps I have missed the point of the
Fedora Project entirely. So maybe one of you generous souls  could
enlighten me.

-Max

--
Fortune favors the BOLD