OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Josh Bressers lists at bress.net
Mon Jul 28 17:57:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, July 28, 2008 12:11 pm, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 12:54 +0200, Anders Karlsson wrote:
>>
>>> Something equivalent to the Code Of Conduct that Canonical
>>> implemented. It worked on the ubuntu lists. No reason it would not
>>> work here.
>>>

>> I've got no problem with a separate list. I have A LOT of problems with
>> a code of conduct for fedora.
>>
>> -sv
>
> I agree with Seth.
> Most of the "flame-fest" threads mentioned, while mostly boring,
> idiotic, and several other adjectives
> I can think of... they do, on occaision, produce *something* of value,
> albeit rarely.
>
> Shall we ban idiots, simply because they're moronic?
> How about we just shoot 90% of the world and be done with it?

The real question becomes, is who is an idiot?

There are certainly people who are trouble, but how long until a policy
such as this just turns into a witch hunt?

You don't like someone?  Great, just bait them into breaking the policy
and get them kicked out!

If you don't like a thread, just ignore it.  That's a lot less work than
creating an overly elaborate code of conduct nobody is really going to
follow anyway.

I compare this to talking to a boring person at a party.  Are you going to
stand there and complain how boring they are, or go find someone more
interesting to talk to?

--
    JB