koji build dies with "Bad arg to %patch: %build"

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 01:46:23 UTC 2008

> (Is it really a good idea to be using a back-rev rpm for one part of
> the build process, and the latest and greatest for other parts?  It
> certainly calls future build reproducibility into question, if you ask
> me.)

A problem like this came up before when kernel.spec started using fancy
macros.  (I think this was in koji's previous life as the RH-internal
brew.)  I thought they told me they fixed it.  But now it occurs to me that
while I talked about this very issue and took "fixed it" to mean using the
rpmbuild from the buildroot for all steps of srpm-making, they might have
just upgraded the servers to RHEL5 from RHEL4 and that was a new enough rpm
version to fix the particular case that had come up, and that's what "they
fixed it" really meant.

Thanks,
Roland