Slight change in how cvs notifications work

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 13:49:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 13:55 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Which shows that the new %{name}-owner email addresses are insufficient.
> In particular, koji would need to learn about package owners elsewhere
> (the separate list in koji of which pkgs to monitor is not connected to
> the pkgdb either).
> Theoretically, koji *could* simply mail to those new -owner addresses in
> addition to the person who requested a build (so all pkg co-maintainers
> learn about the build job), but that doesn't take into account multiple
> projects (such as olpc, epel) unless there will be more email
> addresses. Like epel-%{name}-owner once epel pkgs will be built in koji.

In the future, where we have a common message bus, things like koji and
cvs etc... will just drop messages on the bus, stating that some action
occurred, and perhaps who created the action.  It would be up to a
messaging server to consume those messages and decide whom to email
about it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!