a new page for packaging recommendations by everyone

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:17:02 UTC 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> On 01.06.2008 14:53, Till Maas wrote:
>> On Sun June 1 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>
>>>   * I'd say that page belongs into the
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/
>>>   namespace
>> Afaik pages in the Packaging  namespace can only be edited by the
>> Packaging Commitee, but the
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers namespace would fit.
>
> /me grumbles
>
> Yes, I forgot that special restriction (a quite bad one IMHO, but that's
> a different discussion). So IOW:
>
> Might be good idea to merge the old
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/FrequentlyMadeMistakes
> and the new
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingTricks
> into a new page and place it somewhere where all contributors can edit
> them (which is not the case in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/
> where such a page would logically fit best).

   tibbs> | spot: Any chance we could work out access to some of the
pages under Packaging?
0:55 <       tibbs> | CommonRpmlintIssues and FrequentlyMadeMistakes?
0:55 <        spot> | tibbs: sure.
0:56            --- | mspevack is now known as mspevack_mtg
0:56 <        spot> | tibbs: i'll try to open the ACLs for those
(assuming that moinmoin plays nice)

- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060608

Perhaps the ACLs just have to be re-opened now that we're using mediawiki?

-Toshio