Re: Firefox and Moonlight (Mono) "Free Software" Status?

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 03:28 +0100, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> Why are you still shipping Mono?

Apologies in advance, I cannot be overly specific about legal issues.
Red Hat (and I) are aware of your concerns around mono, and after
discussing this in depth with Red Hat Legal, we have no immediate plans
to remove mono from Fedora.

As to the Firefox EULA, we are aware of this issue, and are currently
investigating the situation.

In the future if you (or anyone) has any legal concerns around Fedora,
please feel free to do one of the following:

* If it is an issue which you think can be discussed in public (e.g. "Is
this license ok for Fedora?"), please send it to
fedora-legal-list redhat com

* If it is an issue which you do not think can be discussed in public
(sadly, most legal issues fall under this case), please email
legal fedoraproject org (or tcallawa redhat com, if you'd prefer).

Thanks,

Tom Callaway, Fedora Legal

p.s. IANAL, this does not represent legal advice.