Re: Firefox and Moonlight (Mono) "Free Software" Status?

Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
Verily I say unto thee, that Rahul Sundaram spake thusly:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis/FSF

So it comes down to this:

[quote]
We think there is nothing wrong with distributing free software that
implements patented ideas, as long as the patent holders don't stop
you.
[/quote]

I will have to agree to disagree with Stallman on that one.

I discussed this in detail with RMS and other FSF members. They have published these set of guidelines which to some extend explains their rationale.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html

Rahul