rpmreaper

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:18:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I don't really care if it comes across or bias or not. We have most of
> the package mgmt infrastructure written in python. It just makes sense
> to write apps like this to use the same libs, if only b/c then it
> behaves consistently.

If you have a package that has the sole task of helping to cull down
the list of installed packages, you'd want it to depend on the minimum
number of packages so you could cull, for example, python. From the
description of the OP, it looks like it doesn't do dependency
resolution, just rpm -e, so there is no behaviour to keep consistent.

/Mike