Fedora 10 and flash?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:19:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:49 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Valent Turkovic
> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FlashExperienceIntrepid
>>
>> Have you maybe also talked with Ubuntu devels that made Ubuntu "Plugin
>> finder service" ?
>> Maybe they are willing to contribute their code and expertise to
>> upstream Mozilla for this ?
>

> Have I asked? No.. because frankly this is not an issue I care about.
>  I personally do not care about flash because flash is not important
> to me.
>
> But clearly its important to you.  If you want to push this approach
> as something Fedora should be doing then I need you to do two things
> as a starting point for a discussion.
> 1) I need you to point us specifically to the client side code that
> Ubuntu is using to add capabilities to Firefox.
> 2) I need you to point us specifically to the server side code that
> Ubuntu is using to create a service.
>
> There really isn't a lot to talk about until we can specifically look
> at the implementation they are using and whether its compatible with
> our policies.  I'm going to withhold judgement on whether we can do
> something similar until I understand how their implementation works by
> being able to play with the source code they've already put together.
>
> -jef
>
> --

I'm talking with Alexander Sack (asac) on #ubuntu-mozillateam on freenode.
They are talking that their implementation is thought to be an example
how it can be done right in the end all this should go to the Tools ->
Addons dialog of Firefox.

That will be done upstream in a way that allows distributors to hook
in new install methods

So it looks like Fedora should talk with ubuntu mozilla team to make
this happen.

Alexander doesn't know you Jeff but he knows Caillon pretty well. I
pointed him to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JefSpaleta but that page
seams to have very little information on who you are and what you do
in Fedora Project.

All the code is in ubufox bzr branch link is here:
http://code.launchpad.net/ubufox

Cheers,
Valent

--