Re: rpmreaper

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 05:50:25PM -0700, Konrad Meyer wrote:
> Quoth Patrice Dumas:
> >
> > Nothing really important requires python
>
> yum isn't important, then?

It is important for some use cases, but not really vital, for 2 reasons.
First there are substitutes (apt, smart -- and urpmi would certainly work
on fedora too), and second it is not really required, if one can use rpm
directly. I would argue, however, that rpm is a vital part of fedora.
To be more precise, it seems to me that rpm and its dependency is what
defines a fedora system (with some additional bits like rootfiles), even
though it is possible to install much less in chroots.

--
Pat