Orphaned Packages

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 21:56:26 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 15:37:22 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Just letting anyone interested know that these packages have been
> > orphaned:
> >
> > gpsman -- GPS data manager
> > nec2c -- a translation of the Numerical Electromagnetics Code (NEC2)
> > splat -- Analyze point-to-point terrestrial RF communication links
>
> reasons?  Are these things still worth maintaining in your estimation?

As Jesse mentioned the previous maintainer (not me) is no longer working on
Fedora software. I have no idea if these are worth maintaining. My team
focuses on security features and I was unaware that we even had these
packages. So, they don't fit our mission, but others might find them useful. TIA
to anyone picking up these packages.

-Steve