Re: cdparanoia III 10 license change

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 10:10 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

Of these, bmpx and kdemultimedia-libs claim to be v2-only.  My reading
of the compatibility matrix is that you can't link to a LGPLv3 library
from GPLv2 code.

This is a correct assessment. Fortunately, bmpx had an incorrect license
tag (GPLv2) when it is actually GPLv2+. I've corrected that in rawhide.

kdemultimedia also had an incorrect license tag (GPLv2), when it is
actually GPLv2+ for the binaries, LGPLv2+ and GPLv2+ for its libraries.
Rex and I have corrected the license tags in rawhide.

Quick question: How do changes like this affect the licenses and license tags of the dependent programs? Does this change the license of the shipped binary? Does the license tag need to be changed to reflect that? (Wondering as I can see GPLv2(only) code and GPLv3[+] code extending through a chain of other packages to cause problems if this is correct.

-Toshio