Re: Packaging issues with files section for my future coq package

Alan Dunn wrote:
The full spec file is below -

My motivation for doing things the way I did was that I wanted to
incorporate arbitrarily deep (admittedly I know the depth for this
particular version in advance, but one can imagine this changing
between versions and it didn't seem like a good solution to create
something that would have to be fixed with each upgrade) directory
structures instead of including

/usr/lib/coq/*
/usr/lib/coq/*/*
(etc)

Things listed in %files can be directories and do work recursively. So what do you think of these changes:

%files -f coqfiles

%files

%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc CHANGES COMPATIBILITY COPYRIGHT CREDITS INSTALL INSTALL.ide
KNOWN-BUGS LICENSE README
%doc %{_mandir}/man1/coq*
%doc %{_mandir}/man1/gallina.1.gz
%doc %{_mandir}/man1/parser.1.gz
%{_bindir}/coq*
%{_bindir}/gallina
%{_bindir}/parser

%{_bindir}/parser*

# Parser.opt included seperately
%exclude %{_bindir}/coqide*
%exclude %{_libdir}/coq/ide/*

%exclude %{_libdir}/coq/ide/

%files coqide
%defattr(-,root,root)
%{_bindir}/coqide*
%{_libdir}/coq/ide/*

%{_libdir}/coq/ide/

%changelog
* Wed Jun 14 2008 Alan Dunn <amdunn gmail com> 8.1pl3-1
- Initial version.

And then clean out your find invocations in %build as they aren't needed. %exclude

-Toshio