Re: Request for ownership: zile maintainer not responding

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:54:34 +0530, Debarshi Ray wrote:

> > No, the usual way for new contributors is to find a sponsor.
> > It doesn't matter how they do it.
> >
> > Submitting packages for review is just one way to look for sponsors.
>
> What are the other ways?

Anything you could think of. For example, an upstream
developer/contributor might want to become a package maintainer or
co-maintainer. A Fedora package heavy-user might want to become a
maintainer or co-maintainer. Orphans are a good opportunity for
new contributors to shout "Hey, I'm a heavy-user of this package
and willing to maintain it! Who sponsors me?". You wouldn't ask
them to first submit other packages for review, would you?