Re: Packaging question: /usr/share/gnome/help ownership

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Michel Salim <michel.sylvan <at> gmail.com> writes:
Should applications that put files under /usr/share/gnome/help be
required to own it (or depend on yelp)?

Own it maybe, depend on yelp definitely not, at least not in anything which ends up on the KDE spin (e.g. the system-config-* tools required by Anaconda). We don't want the whole xulrunner stack on the KDE spin, we don't have room for it. (We use Konqueror as the browser on the KDE spin, not Firefox.)

Would a "yelp-not" package that provides yelp, makes the dirs, but puts nothing into them solve the issue in a general way ?