Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
David Woodhouse wrote:

To claim that there is no _legal_ basis for such a restriction is also
incorrect. Nothing but the GPL gives you the right to distribute the
Linux kernel. If the GPL has conditions with which you fail to comply,
then you may not distribute the Linux kernel.

I'm not sure why you'd consider being unable to distribute the Linux kernel to be a desirable thing,

Since he said no such thing, it is pretty rude to claim that. This is undesirable tactics in a argument that is being used repeatedly.

Sorry, if I misunderstood. When someone describes an alternative to promote their argument, I assume they are promoting the alternative as well. But what did that mean if it's not what he wants?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com