Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 9 18:36:14 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Sorry, if I misunderstood. When someone describes an alternative to
> promote their argument, I assume they are promoting the alternative as
> well.  But what did that mean if it's not what he wants?

It just means exactly what it says. If you don't agree with a license
terms, you don't get permission to distribute the software even if the
licensing terms seem odd to you as noted by a judge in the recent Skype
case for violating GPL.

http://laforge.gnumonks.org/weblog/2008/05/08/

This simple fact requires no assumption on your part.

Rahul