Re: Requirements gathering for new package source control

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 15:38 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Which limits us to spec file hell forever?  I think a two pronged solution
> is going to be better moving forward:

Absolutely not.  In fact it lets us move to something different even
faster if we want to, as we don't have to worry about replicating all
that %magic% somewhere else.  Keeping things simple allows for easier
change.

> 1) Encourage people to work within the Fedora context as much as possible,
> and thus gain the advantage as we improve our tools
> 2) For those that can't (e.g. you're a company with modifications to
> kernel/whatever you want to keep secret), we make it easy to bootstrap a
> koji instance and the rest of our tools inside your firewall

I don't think keeping things simple and keeping the %magic% away hurts
this ideal.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!