Re: Packaging question: /usr/share/gnome/help ownership

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
Kevin Kofler wrote:
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger <at> gmail.com> writes:
The playing time is 74 minutes, or 4440 seconds, so that the net capacity of a Mode-1 CD-ROM is 682 MB."""

Uh, 74 minute CDs are completely obsolete, around here (Austria) they don't even sell these anymore! 80 minute / 700 MB CDs are the standard size these days, and those are what Fedora's live images are (and have always been) designed to fit.

But not all drives can read 700MB from a CD. Those drives might be obsolete in the sense that you can't buy them on a new computer anymore but there's plenty of old hardware available where it could be a problem.
I haven't seen yet a disk drive unit manufactured in the last 6 years which is still functional but is unable to read 700 MB disks. Actually I do not remember of ANY unit manufactured this century and unable to read 700 MB disks.