Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Now i don't mean to interrupt this wonderful meeting of the minds, but i am wondering why mail box has been overflowing with an seemingly endless discussion between only, what, 3 or 4 people?

In this open source world where attention and focus is our capital, do we really all need to be enlightened analogies that seem to frequently involve guns, poisons and other such very colorful statements.. to a casual observer it would seem it won't be long until we can evoke Godwin's law.

I have to admit i did scan through today's and yesterday's emails and found very little that really related to fedora, even though the subject of the email and the mailing list would imply this should somehow be fedora related? Since this seems to now only involve a very few, but very vocal, people maybe you can take it off list and report back anything fedora related that may or may not come out of it?

I'll leave you with maybe a refreshing point of view on such seeming heated discussions: http://lkml.org/lkml/2000/8/25/132

	-- Chris