Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sat Jun 14 20:37:27 UTC 2008

On Jun 14, 2008, Chris Chabot <chabotc at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> http://lkml.org/lkml/2000/8/25/132

  Talk is cheap. Show me the code.

		Linus

I'd be happy to.  Unfortunately, even though it's allegedly GPLed, the
sources are missing, so I can't.  Sorry to disappoint you. :-)

But you're right, Chris, this discussion is no longer related with
Fedora any more.  After all, who cares if it's legal or ethical or
moral to distribute the kernel shipped in Fedora?  Or Fedora as a
whole, for that matter?  Sure it wouldn't be a problem if we found
that we can't distribute it any more, right?  We could all keep
happily developing it, each of us starting from our own local copies
that we wouldn't be permitted to share any more, and we'd all live
happily everafter.

But don't you worry, I'm going to be mostly disconnected throughout
most of next week.  So I won't fill in your mailbox with "colorful
analogies" then.

Thanks for the hint.

Take care,