Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:47:17 UTC 2008

Anders Karlsson wrote:
> * David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> [20080617 15:22]:
> [snip]
>
> Sounds to me like the argument circles around some warped
> interpretations of the conundrum if a hamburger in a cardboard box is
> a piece of the box or if it in fact, is a hamburger that can be eaten
> separately without having to eat the box too...

No.  It's more along the lines of having a cheeseburger with lettuce,
tomatoes, and onions in a carboard box.  The box is the medium in which
the cheeseburger is distributed.  But are the pieces inside merely
aggregated together or are they part of a single work?  After all, you
can take the cheeseburger apart and consume the bun, the burger, the
lettuce, etc separately (or not at all).  But the person who prepared it
and distributed it to you didn't intend for that to happen.

-Toshio "who will go back to ignoring this thread now" Kuratomi