Someone please take over these packages

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 04:36:38 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 17 June 2008 07:17:44 pm Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> connect-proxy is dead-simple, but dunno how many people
>
> > actually have use for it (I did 3 years ago, notsomuch anymore...).
> >

> Just for the record (after reading
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/connect-proxy/devel/connect-proxy
>.spec?rev=1.3&view=markup ) shouldn't %source  be
> http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/ssh/connect.c rather than the filename that
> is used now ?

Did you miss the two lines after the Source0 line? :)

-----
Source0:        connect-%{version}.c
# Real source listed below, it was renamed for sanity's sake
#Source0:        http://www.taiyo.co.jp/~gotoh/ssh/connect.c
-----

I find renaming it much less ugly to deal with multiple versions, particularly
given the sucktitude of cvs. Does seem the urls are in need of an update
though. And it'd be up to a new maintainer whether or not to keep that source
file scheme or not.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com