Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Jun 17, 2008, max <maximilianbianco gmail com> wrote:

jeff wrote:

*Content??!* It's obviously software. I mean, it can be copied, it
can be rewritten (well, by the people in the castle with the code),
it can be compiled, etc... Clearly software.

Firmware usually comes with my devices, it is reloadable but it
comes with the device when I make the purchase, I don't have to load
firmware into a device to make it work in the first place.

So, per this logic, MS-Windows OEM is not software.  Right?!?

Whether a certain chunk of bits is or isn't software isn't the point. Would that windows OEM have to become GPL'd if you updated the installed image with clonezilla or similar copying tool?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com