Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Jun 16, 2008, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html

Certain forms of software being non modifiable is perfectly ok
according to FSF.

Err...  I'm sure there's some misunderstanding here somewhere.  Where
did you get that idea?

Do you by any chance mistake 'non-functional data' (images, songs,
etc) for software?

Not all game maps are purely non functional data for example. GFDL has non variant sections and so on. I am still working with FSF to clarify such details. Suffice to say there are lots of border line cases.

Rahul