Fedora Support channels Improvement ideas

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 24 14:18:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 22:38:34 -0600,
  Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> Well, if we used some kind of karma then people who at least pleased
> users would be rated up. That might mean they answered questions well,
> or in a good enough manner that users were happy they were at least
> being addressed.

This would work to weed out well meaning people who just don't know what
they are talking about. It might not be very effective in preventing
delibrate abuse. It wouldn't be too hard to create lots of accounts
and get them all highly rated and then start abusing people. I wouldn't
have thought that would be a problem, until I read your description
of the current state of irc support. Now I am not so sure.