Fedora 9 kernel configuration

Adrian Joian adrian.joian at fedoraproject.ro
Wed Jun 25 07:45:22 UTC 2008

Hello,

   My name is Adrian Joian and I'm a fedora ambassador [1] for the
Romanian community. This is my first time that I'm addressing the devel
list so please be patient with me.
   I plan to write an article that will speak about Fedora 9 on laptops
on our local site [2]. My question is why the 2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686
kernel is not compiled whit the following options, as they have big
impact on laptop "cpu sleep" : CONFIG_HPET_TIMER CONFIG_NO_HZ
CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND
Are this values replaced by new ones, if yes what are the new options,
and forgive my lack of knowledge?
Do the above values cause some problems, if yes where can I find the bug
reports, again and forgive my lack of knowledge ?

Thank you very much for your time.
[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AdrianJoian
[2] - http://www.fedoraproject.ro/ Best regards, Adrian JOIAN